Monday, November 05, 2007

Two Tickets To Paradise

Paradise, California, that is. My boy Marv and I headed up to the Chico suburb to visit my high school buddy RG and his lovely wife Jamie and their son Davan. After what was essentially a 48-hour binge of poker, beer, and football, I am back in the friendly confines of Stately Chan Manor, where it's going to be 37 frickin' degrees tonight.

The good news is, like Mikey, we were all big winners at the poker table. Well, we were all big winners at some point or another - Marv ended up a marginal winner and I came out ahead, but not like before I lost most of my huge take. At least I found out the Cal score, and it didn't ruin my night.

Good times, although Paradise was a little too natural and all that pollen has affected my delicate city-boy lungs. Or it could've been the poker room smoke. Either way, it was a nice weekend but I'm glad to be back home with my girl, settling down to watch IQサプリ, and trying to mentally prepare for going back to work tomorrow.

No comments: