Monday, November 12, 2007

Rough weekend and beyond.

It was a ugly weekend, in more ways than one. Rhonda and I headed up to Berkeley Saturday for the big Cal-U$C showdown. The weather forecast was for showers. Unfortunately, it was a little off. Rhonda made me buy her a disposable poncho, and after half-an-hour, I swallowed my pride and bought a second one for myself.

Four hours and two interceptions later, Cal had lost a winnable game and I had added about five pounds in water to my wardrobe. It was literally like I had gone swimming in my clothes. I've been having some pain in my leg lately, and my calves are still sore and knotted from standing in the cold.

Tonight I'm still recovering. We watched the Niners game, or at least tried - they are terrible. The jury is still out on whether Alex Smith stinks, or if he needs receivers, or both. At least Cal has been competitive when they lose this season.

Also, I've been following the WGA strike. Whereas at first it just meant Daily Show re-runs, it now looks like a long wait until next baseball season. If there's no 24 or Lost and they stop running The Office, I might as well cancel my cable and save a few hundred bucks.

So to summarize, my leg hurts, my teams stink, my clothes are still damp, and I could be bored to tears this spring.

No comments: