Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Whoa, I'm beat...

The good ol' computer is finally set up. No more wifi laptop. Now I can finally do my bills.

Being a homeowner has been kicking my ass. The "library" was painted last weekend. What a disaster. Never let any person or website tell you it's an easy DIY job. It was one calamity after another for Rhonda and I. I think we got it looking OK, but it was our first time painting, and it shows.

After the paint was dry I was able to get some BILLY bookcases from IKEA put up. I got a great idea from a magazine to paint the bookcases using the trim paint. Great idea, bad execution. I don't think I sanded the parts I painted well enough (I was exhausted), and then when I put the pieces together, some of the paint scraped off. I tried to touch it up for a few days and it is better, but still not quite the catalog-cover look I was shooting for. Even today, when we were putting the shelves in, little bits of paint were scraping off...I dread what it's going to look like in a few years.

So finally we're getting our immense DVD and book collection out of boxes and onto shelves. I had to shift my attention to the yard. I let one weekend go by without tending to the yard and all of a sudden I had a bigger weed problem than Bobby and Whitney. I pulled a whole 5-gallon bucket of weeds today from the front and back, and used almost a whole bottle of Round-Up getting rid of the pesky bastards cropping up in the driveway and walkways. I'm more convinced than ever that I'll need to let the backyard die and re-sow it...

The house is slowly getting into BBQ-ready shape. As I said several weeks ago, I'll get some pictures up if I ever find my camera.

No comments: