Saturday, August 13, 2005

Must be getting old.

This evening, I was going back and forth between washing dishes and grilling a tri-tip, when I said, "I really don't want to go to work tomorrow."

To which Rhonda said, "Huh? It's Saturday."

Never have I felt so old. I was just about to put out the trash. I think I got thrown off because I worked from home yesterday, and because the Niners were playing, I just assumed it was Sunday. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

The house is coming together. I think we made our final IKEA trip of the immediate future (and fastest of all time, parking lot and back in 45 minutes). We had to drive all the way to Emeryville because the EPA (East Palo Alto for all y'all not from these parts) IKEA hasn't had a couple things we need in stock despite frequent trips. Even the website didn't have the table we were looking for, hence the hellish trip up 880 to the East Bay.

super schweet!We have raided the local Aaron Brothers and our walls are looking a little less bare. I have been nailing and drilling away and I think even in an earthquake some of that stuff will stay up. I picked up some Harman Kardon Soundsticks at Costco (see little pic on the right) for my computer and for the "library" and these things are SCHWEET. They are a little too "look at me" for my taste but they sound spectacular.

(I had a speaker and sub set that held up for about five years until the left speaker shorted out, and they got trashed when we moved. I tried to get some cheapie speakers from Fry's but they were tinny as hell. I figured I would need to spend at least $50 to get any decent sound, the reviews on the speakers I was looking at weren't exactly dazzling, and the amount I was willing to spend escalated beyond common sense.

Oh well, they sound good, and if I wanted to, you can hear them clearly and crisply from the kitchen.)

Well, I'm outta things to say. That's got to be a sign I'm getting old...

No comments: