Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Slow news day.

Sadly, not much to report today. As usual, I'm pretty wiped out. Both Rhonda and I have been under the weather with allergies. She's back to getting up early again for new teacher orientation. It's exciting since she has her own class this year for the first time, and also because she should be signing a contract soon (no more of those sub rates). Well, exciting for one of us, at least...she just said a couple hours ago, "I can't wait for June 16." This from the person who's been off for two months. Like I'm going to have much sympathy.

Speaking of getting up early, I had to wake up with Rhonda to do some database work during off-hours. Then I get my con-call to India in nine hours. Lucky me...

At least the Giants are winning, beating up on the lowly Reds. If they get Barry back, they probably still have a shot. They've hung in there on this road trip against some tough pitching And to everyone who's complained about how much they suck, at least they haven't dropped seventeen straight.

I'm going to try to cram in some culture tonight by reading something before I knock out. But before I go, I'll leave you with this gem: Va. Laptop Sale Turns Into a Stampede

No comments: