Sunday, August 21, 2005

Party, all night. Fiesta, forever.

This was supposed to be the big 100th post, but with all the griping I've been doing, it has to settle for being #103.

We had a little get-together at the crib this weekend and have the photographic evidence to prove it. I looked all night in the unpacked boxes for the camera and finally found it.

Here's Rhonda on the eve of the big event working diligently on...something, I suppose.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Now, the same room a few hours later. Note the lack of plastic bag on the love seat and the much more deliberate positioning of the seat cushions.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

My pride and joy.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

On to the dining area.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I didn't take pictures of the kitchen and bathroom, as neither has changed much. (Although Becka really liked our shower dispenser.)

Here's the view of the bedroom, at least the one that obscures all the crap that we put in there to keep out of view of the public.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Finally, here's the library-slash-office. It's the only room we repainted, the trials and tribulations of which are detailed here.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Feel free to compare these pictures to the house the day we bought it. Looks a lot better, no? I didn't post pictures of the front or back yard, but I'm proud to report modest improvement.

Now, we get some air conditioning up in this mug, and we are all set.

Here's a few candids from the party. Sorry, I was just too busy playing the host to take pictures - I had tri-tip to grill and money to win (I finished second in the only poker game to Sean, after I went on a tear at the end to narrow the field). I have to practice more taking pictures at events, I'm kinda shy about it :)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

(I caught some flack for the lawn, but the back was completely and utterly dead when we moved in, and then we had to spray for yellowjackets. It's only been getting water for a few weeks - those green patches weren't there before!)

Thanks to everyone who was here, it was great to see you all again. Sorry to those who couldn't make it, I guess we'll have to do it some other time. You missed out on some good food (and we could've needed the help, we still have tons leftover!).

Lastly, Adia about sums up how I feel:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No comments: