Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Today, I Didn't Even Have To Use My AK.

... I have to say it was a good day.

Kind of an average day today at work, but it was a pretty good night. I had an appointment today with my allergy doctor for an annual visit. I last saw him last Christmas vacation, which means I didn't have to go in for a sinus infection or bronchitis all year. That is pretty phenomenal.

I'm not exactly sure why I had such a good year (which, given my back and cholesterol problems, is sort of ironic). I would attribute it to a couple of factors. One, over-the-counter Zyrtec and Zyrtec-D (and especially their Kirkland generic counterparts) allowed me to better medicate myself without worrying I was swallowing two dollars every time I took one. Two, I have taught myself to be more aware of my allergy symptoms and react with aggressive meds, instead of only taking drugs after it was too late. And third, maybe the shots are working.

Anyway, good news came that since my shots are going so swimmingly, I only have to go every four weeks instead of every three. But wait, there's more: if I make it through another year at that schedule, no more shots! To top it of, I got hooked up with a goodie bag of samples, and after we talked a bit about Rhonda's allergies, I went home with a bag of samples for her too! He might as well have given me a hundred-dollar bill.

Went to Costco, bought some cheap gas, bananas, cookies, and a pizza for dinner. Started reading Google Reader and found out more tickets were made available for the sold-out Emerald Bowl. And guess who ended up with two of those tickets? That's right, this guy!

It's been a rough year for us, but there have been some good days here and there as well. Like last Sunday when we were invited to Auntie Helen's and Grandma made us mole and (made me) tacos. It's pretty important that even as it seems like the world is going to hell in a handbasket, things are not always as bad as they seem, and there are some bright spots behind the clouds.

No comments: