Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Still alive.

How about that, a new post from me! It's been over a month and a lot has happened.

- I had a hard drive crash. This has been the primary factor keeping me from cyberspace. It's pretty sad actually, I lost a good deal of our digital photos. Luckily, I (inexplicably) had copied our honeymoon photos to the laptop, and there were still all the pre-2005 pictures on my old computer. But it's like 2005 never happened. We lost a lot of pictures from fun stuff like the Cal football fan appreciation day, and the Giants season-ticketholder appreciation day. And I don't want to get started about my iTunes library...I'll be re-ripping CDs for months to come.

- Sara turned 18! My mom and dad threw a surprise party and, despite numerous slip-ups, Sara was actually surprised. I don't have any pictures though, since we were the distraction. ;)

- I came very close to winning my NCAA pool, although no one predicted the champion. I needed LSU to beat UCLA, and they got worked. So instead of $400, I got zero.

- Baseball season started, and that ends up sucking up three hours a day from all other activities. Luckily, the Giants are off to a good start despite all the distractions.

And I'm on vacation! I scheduled some time off to correspond with Rhonda's spring break. I spent Day 1 (Easter weekend doesn't count) pulling weeds (and three stumps from old rose bushes) from my yard while Rhonda cleaned up inside (safe from allergies). Today we drove up to Oakland and visited Erica and her daughter Daria, although I was too stiff and tired from yesterday to do much else.

No comments: