Saturday, January 14, 2006

That 24-hour Starbucks is looking good

Ho hum. Rhonda and I are killing some time at my parents' house. We drove into Stockton for the day for Uncle Ken's belated Christmas party and were supposed to drive home. But Rhonda's got a headache going and is now knocked out on the couch. We're supposed to meet up with Bob and Jamie, who are on their way to Lodi for the night after the Warriors-Lakers game, in Tracy for some dessert. Judging on how Rhonda is feeling, that could be a short visit.

Not much to report today. One of the workers at the Camden McDonald's either has a hearing problem or can't speak English. I ordered a sausage biscuit, I got a bacon, egg and cheese McGriddle. There is not one ingredient common between those two things. We had some time to kill in the afternoon so we went to Valley Fair and just kind of walked around.

I'm looking forward to Michelle Kwan's retirement. Rhonda was somewhat disinterested in the U.S. championship, and somehow I got out of the day without watching any figure skating. It was a good day. Since I have been picture-happy on my blog lately, I salute you, Michelle Kwan:

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Tomorrow brings an exciting day of cleaning house, washing dishes and doing laundry. I can hardly contain my excitement. I will also have to watch a lot of Alias and other stuff to clear some space on my DVR. Fox has made it their mission to make my DVR explode by airing four hours of 24 Sunday and Monday.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

(Give credit where credit's due: Clever picture from vanmega.com via Google Images)

Well, time to go, off for Tracy and a brief visit with friends before soldering on back to the South Bay. Toodles.

No comments: