Monday, June 19, 2006

Oh, so close...

Rhonda wanted to pop in our wedding video (I don't know about you, but I get uneasy watching myself on video) tonight after the sixth inning of the Giants game.

"Wait!" I cried. "We have to watch the game."

"Why?"

"I can't say."

Funny look.

"Let me just say the Angels' run came off a walk."

Smart gal she is, Rhonda got the hint (you can't talk about a no-hitter; you'll jinx it!), and we settled down to watch 21-year-old Matt Cain come closer to throwing a no-hitter than any Giants pitcher I can remember. The last Giants no-hitter came when I was 17 days old.

The final line for Cain: 8 IP, 1 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 4 BB, 10 K.

After the debacle in Seattle over the weekend, the Giants still aren't hitting, but at least they're back at .500. While technically tied for last, we're only a game-and-a-half back.

Always good to beat the Angels, although nothing can undo 2002.

That Alfonzo kid sure calls a good game, huh?

No comments: