Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Busy weekend

We made a whirlwind trip through our hometown this weekend. I've got the pictures and the sinus infection to prove it.

We wisely decided not to drive into town Friday night and spend one more night in our own bed. Saturday morning, we went straight to Alyssa's First Holy Communion. (I've got pictures but I need to scan 'em.)

We followed that up with Grandma Tillie's 75th birthday party. Grandma was looking pretty sharp.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Auntie Liz outdid herself on the cake, it looked great (and, after the communion party, was the second of her cakes I got to eat on the day!).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I knew it was going to be hot in Stockton, so I made a last-second wardrobe change. All was well until I showed up and made a major fashion faux pas.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

(That killed me. I bought that shirt last year for my dad and didn't know what size to get, so I bought a L and an XL. He took the L, but I lost the receipt so I kept the other shirt. This is the *only* article of clothing I have that we have in common. Then we both managed to wear khaki shorts to finish off the "twin" look.)

I was pretty exhausted (actually, a little sunburnt, as it turns out) and Rhonda was allergy-depleted, so we had to pass on going to Angelo and Lorna's to celebrate Lorna's college graduation (sorry, but congrats!).

Sunday we had breakfast with my mom and dad and then I fell asleep for a couple hours (allergies and dehydration catching up with me). Before we left town, we went to Becka's surprise birthday party.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Guess it worked.

D rented a jumper for all the adults to jump around in. I'm pretty sure the maximum weight was exceeded and the risk of injury was high.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

They learn so fast.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Right before we left, the cake was cut and Sophia got Becka square in the cheek with frosting.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A non-stop but enjoyable weekend. It looks like we're making a bunch more trips to Stockton this month, before we hit up Anime Expo at the end of the month.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's pretty hilarious: you and Dad wearing mathing outfits. I don't think you've done that since you were "Prisoners of Love." ^o^