Thursday, December 01, 2005

On the mend.

It's been a rough couple of weeks for my health. First back pain (again), then the wonders of dry Colorado air, and now a sinus infection. I'm happy to report though I have five medications to take and at least one of them is doing something, because I feel a lot better.

It all started Sunday, when I returned from Stockton with some really severe burning in my sinuses. The roof of my mouth was irritated and swallowing hurt. I started loading up on allergy medicine right away.

Monday and Tuesday I was pretty congested, to the point where I could barely breathe through my nose. I got the hiccups about 50,000 times, which was really irritating. I would feel some nasty stuff in my throat, and I would clear my throat or try to cough it up. That would give me some brutal hiccups which would not go away with neither the time-tested "hold your breath" nor "drink water upside-down from a glass" without a significant fight. When they finally stopped, I could feel the junk in my throat. Repeat.

Tuesday night I was able to finally hock up some stuff. Problem is, it didn't stop. All night. Then in became just a dry cough. No more bronchitis for me, I went straight to the allergy doc Wednesday morning.

Wednesday I went through a box of Kleenex, but today I went through a lot less, and I feel a lot better.

Lesson learned: stay the hell away from Stockton...

No comments: