Sunday, December 11, 2005

Hiding in plain sight.

I don't know how to feel right now.

There's something I've been looking for for three weeks. Something I needed to find for a special Christmas gift. Not just casually looking, but scouring the earth for. I've looked in every room, in every nook and cranny, of the house and garage. I thought it was at my parents' house so I even went back to Stockton last weekend. I brought back something and I was sure it was what I had been looking for.

But I found out this afternoon it wasn't. And all the frustration overwhelmed me, to the point where all I could do was lay on the ground and mope. Everything I had done and all the things I had tried were for naught, and I just felt defeated.

After just kind of sitting there awhile, I got up and went to my desk to take care fo some other stuff. And I found what I was looking for, in plain sight in the one and only place I should've had to look.

It wasn't that I never looked there. I DID look. Several times.

And I don't know how to feel. I should be happy. I should feel relieved. But I just feel like a dope.

Well, that should be only temporary. I'll feel better after I get to work on this "project".

Ho ho ho.

No comments: