Wednesday, November 16, 2005

I speak to you from the future.

At least, if you live on the west coast. Otherwise, I may be speaking to you from the past.

I'm out in Broomfield, Colorado for an all hands meeting. I'm a little excited, because in my six-year career at Sun, they don't let me out too often. In fact, working on an internal IT project and being low on the totem pole means I've never taken a trip on the company's dollar.

I flew Frontier, which was new for me, and it wasn't too bad. They have DirecTV like on JetBlue, but on Frontier it costs five bucks. Luckily, the DirecTV was free on my flight (compliments of the captain, they said), so I watched PTI and World Series of Poker, as well as the two episodes of Lost I had encoded for my PSP.

Brian and I had a late dinner at a place called C.B. & Potts, which was sort of a mountain version of Rock Bottom. I had a Kobe beef burger and it was pretty tasty, if not a little messy and disgusting (but in a good way). It was so juicy, my hands and plate were covered in grease. Bryan (not to be confused with Brian) met us there and we had some drinks and played Golden Tee (that part won't be expensed). It was the first time I'd ever played Golden Tee, and I'm about as good at it as I am at real golf.

I'm not really tired, since it's 11:00 to me, but since I have my meeting at 9 tomorrow MST (which is 8 California time, or about when I wake up), I better get some shut-eye.

(Before you ask me, "Chris, what is Colorado like?," let me tell you. It's effin' cold. It's like Stockton in the winter, but with ice. The windows on the rental car struggled to roll down. It's not windy, and there are 300 days of sunshine a year. But after Labor Day, you can probably put away the shorts.)

No comments: