Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Smoking cigarettes and watching Captain Kangaroo

Kinda bored and been neglecting my blog duties, so thought I'd check in.

Rhonda and I have been sick for a couple weeks, my sinus are on fire like Tom Brady in a playoff game and my lungs are chock full of gunky goodness. Trying to avoid a trip to the doctor - not because I'm scared, but because it'll cost me forty bucks to get some antibiotics so I can feel ten percent better than I already feel. We'll see how I feel in the morning.

This apartment will never be clean until we leave it. You just can't cram 1000 square feet of stuff into 650 square feet. The worst spot is the bedroom, a.k.a. "The room where we throw all the crap from the living room whenever people are coming over."

All I've done since the start of the year is read anything I can get my hands on - books, websites, magazines - regarding a couple of things I have planned for 2005. Don't want to talk it up too much, let's just say they both involve me paying less taxes next year.

When does baseball season start?

I miss the sun. Please come back.

I hate winter. It's a good thing I didn't go to MIT, I don't think I could've handled snow and cold weather. It's not like there are a lot of Mexicans there either (well, not compared to here), I bet the Mexican food is crappy. I don't know about Chinese people either. And I don't see a lot of MIT alums at work talking about their bowl game.

(I bet people who didn't know I'm half-Chinese and half-Mexican didn't know what the hell I was talking about back there.)

Sometimes I can't sleep at night because I find myself thinking about relationships, and where they went wrong, and why. And, no, I wasn't talking about any of my own. I analyze and run things over and over in my brain, pinpointing moments in time where something went awry, wondering what I might've done differently in someone else's place. I look at the big picture and wonder why I'm the only one who can see the forest for the trees. Then I think of what an incredibly arrogant ass that makes me sound like.

I guess I'll call it a night. I have a lovely wife and a firm, warm, slightly undersized bed waiting for me through that door over there. I guess I just love being home.

No comments: