Sunday, January 09, 2005

Off my fat ass, TivoToGo, Amato's

Finally, I cleared the miscellaneous crap that was blocking it and used my Gazelle tonight while I watched World Poker Tour on the TiVo. It was a pretty productive day - I got the long-overdue USB cable for my scanner, made a sizeable dent in the post-holiday train wreck that was our living room, washed some pants so I don't have to wear shorts or pajamas in the rain anymore, and finally installed the receiver Marv got us for our wedding-slash-Christmas.

I also have to say I got my TiVo upgrade today and TivoToGo totally kicks ass. It took me all of half-an-hour to break the DRM on the video, so right now I'm converting the Travel Channel special on Tokyo DisneySea to AVI so I can cut the commercials and make a nice DVD of all the places we visited in Tokyo. (Insomniac with Dave Attell and X-Play at the Tokyo Game Show are next.) Legally ambiguous uses aside, it'll be pretty nice to bring stuff we didn't have time to watch to Stockton with us or on long trips with the laptop. Great feature, now if only they can get it to work the other way around.

Lastly, I must wax eloquent on the beauty, no, the perfection, that is the Amato's cheesesteak. Rhonda was a dear and went out to pick one up from me today while I was cleaning up (and, ahem, watching football) and I haven't eaten anything since then. That was at 1. They're just so good, it's too bad the fries get all soggy when you take an order to go (trust me, they are pretty damn good themselves when you eat them there).

I think I'll read a bit before I call it a night. Ciao for now.

No comments: