Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Day 12: The Itchy and Scratchy Show

My recovery is going pretty well. I go back to work on Monday. I'm a little skeptical about how long I can sit up in a chair. I guess I will be alright as long as I take frequent breaks.

My sutures itch like no tomorrow. They are aggravated when I go for a walk. Nothing a little ice can't solve. The recliner I sit in most of the time is mesh, but sitting in a chair traps heat on my back and itches like crazy. The doctors tell me itching is normal and I don't have an infection. I am down to taking Tylenol as needed and Aleve three times a day as an anti-inflammatory.

I am walking about a mile-and-a-half a day, sometimes more. It takes me twenty-five to thirty minutes.

Saw "The Dark Knight" on opening day - one goal met. Was pretty uncomfortable, not so much because of pain but itchiness. It hasn't been as itchy this week as last. Watched about half of season one of Battlestar.

Now that pain is controllable and steadiness has improved, boredom is starting to set in. I'm starting to get restless. At least I've been out of the house a few times, and I even drove yesterday to get some tacos. What I really look forward to is these stitches closing so I can return to normal activities.

No comments: