Thursday, August 03, 2006

Whoa.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
I'm kind of like Neo in The Matrix.

No, I don't know kung-fu.

Yeah, I am part Asian, but that's not what I was talking about.

I can dodge bullets.

Or at least I think it's possible, because I did it again today at work. There have been several layoffs at Sun (although none as big as the one today), and I have some friends who were/are recently out-of-work, yet I keep emerging unscathed. So I must be good at what I do, or damn lucky. Or both.

With a family and a mortgage, I am absolutely relieved to still be employed. Nonetheless, it was a pretty depressing day at the office. It was also sad because a couple people I know lost their jobs, including one of my best friends at the office. I called Rhonda and some family to let them know not to worry, and they were celebratory (and rightfully so, I suppose). But I still have a bit of survivor guilt this evening.

No comments: