Monday, August 21, 2006

Make a play, meat!

I was watching the Giants game tonight and one of the D-backs players ht a foul ball down the right field line. Pretty uneventful, except one of the fans tried to make the play by reaching out for the ball. Instead, he got a glove full of air as the ball landed in the glove of the guy behind him.

DSC01792I said, "Holy $&!*, that looks like Tim!"

And it was.

So our friend Tim, who we met through Marv via Verizon, came up empty trying to make the play. It was pretty funny, not only because we know him, but because he held the pose for so long befor realizing his glove was empty. Giants announcers Mike Krukow and Duane Kuiper had a good laugh at Tim's expense, although they did note he brought his glove to the game (probably saving him from "elimination") and that he high-fived the fan who actually made the catch. The play was entertaining enough that they showed a replay of the play in the next inning, and they talked about it for several minutes.

DSC01794Kruk: That guy's a gamer...I want to party with *that* guy.
Kuip: In my opinion, I don't think that's the first time that's happened to him!


I tried to stream the video from my Motorola DCT6412 DVR from Comcast (aka the "Suckmaster 2000") but it wouldn't work (because of DRM, arghhh), so you'll have to settle for these lovely stills taken off my mammoth TV. Luckily tonight's game was in high-def.

Good times...

No comments: