Thursday, July 06, 2006

Fourth of July

Lastly, we spent every last second of Tuesday in the exhibit hall. I left Anaheim without a dollar in my wallet. After that, we drove over to Torrance for Fourth of July at Kim & Robert's place.

I knew there were going to be fireworks, but I didn't realize they were just down the block at the park. So we were extremely fortunate to get the last parking space on the block.

The food was great, hot dogs and bacon cheeseburgers and carne asada. Also chicken salad and sushi and, later, pie. Unfortunately, all the excitement of the week caught up with me, and I knocked out on the couch. Rhonda and I (and Uncle Gary, Shrley, and Andrew) watched the fireworks from the balcony, since Rhonda was bound to be allergic to the park and I was still groggy.

On Wednesday, we slept in and skipped the tour of UCLA (another day). We drove home and had Cheesecake Factory for dinner. We watched Ichigo Mashimaro (Strawberry Marshmallow) and introduced Sara to Undeclared. Then we slept in some more, bringing our week-long saga to a close.

Well, more or less. We are having dinner with Auntie Helen today and then driving to San Francisco to see HYDE from L'Arc~en~Ciel in concert, bookending our big Anime Expo weekend with J-Rock concerts.

No comments: