Thursday, October 13, 2005

Getting a breather.

Finally we had a night that felt somewhat normal. I cooked up a tri-tip and some baked potatoes (considering they were seasoned with random stuff from the spice rack, it was pretty frickin' good) and watched Game 2 of the NLCS. Rhonda called it a (very) early night and I took the opportunity to clear some DVR space.

The only thing that sucks about Lost is having to wait a week between shows. I guess it's not like waiting four years after Empire for Return of the Jedi, so I shouldn't complain.

The only real downer is we paid property taxes today and we've been financially beaten into submission. At least my raise went into effect on this paycheck. It's nice to actually get raises and promotions, and not just the "we should all be lucky we have jobs" speech. Let's just say, to those of us on our list, don't expect too much from us come Christmas.

No comments: