Monday, December 06, 2004

Sigh of relief

Cal gave Jeff Tedford a five-year contract extension today, a glimmer of sunshine in an otherwise dreary weekend for Cal fans. I was really, really worried the millions of dollars lost because of the BCS debacle were going to cost Cal their new facilities, and ultimately, their head coach. I'd much rather lose the Rose Bowl berth and keep Tedford than to sink back into the inevitable mediocrity we'd suffer if he left. Remember when Steve Mariucci left (both Cal and San Francisco)?

ESPN also has some comments from my boy Aaron Rodgers about Texas coach Mack Brown. It's the #2 most-emailed message on ESPN.com right now, so maybe I'm not the only one uber-pissed about this. Now if we can just Rodgers to stay another year...

Maybe the Niners will get him. (It just occured to me the Raiders could end up with him, and that absolutely sickens me.)

No comments: